Reinhilde - call me Hilde - Sennema (1985), historian.
My main interest is the involvement of businesses on society, ranging from urban and regional developments to the consumer’s living room. This is also the common denominator in my studies: I started out as an art history student, graduated as a historian of architecture and urbanism, and now, in my doctoral research, I combine the disciplines of urban and business history. In my work, I analyze organizational storytelling and narratives to see which values represent organizations, and how they use these values to justify strategies, decisions, and policies.
Weekly columnist for Het Financieele Dagblad.
Doctoral research at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication.
Freelance researcher and writer. I worked for/with:
- AIR (Architectuur Instituut Rotterdam)
- Verhalenhuis Belvédère, Rotterdam
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Arte Concordia, Rotterdam
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment, The Hague
- PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, The Hague
- Wijnand Galema, architectural historian, Rotterdam
2009 – 2011
Researcher at SteenhuisMeurs, an agency for historical research and spatial transformation.
2006 – 2011
Bachelor and master History of Art & Architecture, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.